ADVOCATING FOR OUR CLIENTs SINCE 1989
Headquartered in the City of Fairfax with a satellite office in Leesburg, Hartsoe & Morgan, PLLC represents clients throughout Northern Virginia, routinely appearing in courts in the counties of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Fauquier, and Arlington as well as the City of Alexandria.
Hartsoe & Morgan prides itself on transactional and litigation experience, representing business and individual clients to meet a range of legal needs, with individualized service & affordable rates. Our attorneys are familiar with the judges and their prior decisions, the prosecutors in criminal matters, and for the most part, the opposing counsel in most civil suits. Our goal is to educate our clients about their legal options, based on our experience and knowledge of the law, and we allow our clients to make decisions which govern their legal issues with the full knowledge of their options and available remedies.
For individual clients, our experienced attorneys regularly handle cases in a variety of legal disciplines. Our primary areas of practice for individual clients include construction litigation and contract review, domestic relations and family law, estate planning (including wills, trusts, and advance medical directives), and tort or personal injury law including medical and legal malpractice actions.
More specifically, in domestic relations and family law matters, we represent clients in divorce proceedings, as plaintiff or as defendant, and have experience in child custody and support hearings in courts throughout Northern Virginia. Our attorneys also handle a variety of other matters that can arise during the course of divorce litigation such as division of marital assets, alimony calculations and amendments thereto, and additional guardianship issues. Our family law practice also includes preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements in Virginia.
In general business matters, the firm routinely advises corporate and individual clients in establishment of business entities, employment relations, landlord and tenant law, community and home owners’ association matters including condominium law, Uniform Commercial Code law, and creditors' rights. The firm also provides guidance and legal representation for Home Owners’ Associations, as well as Condominium and Community Associations.
The firm's overall philosophy is to educate our clients so that they are in a position to make informed decisions on issues of litigation, settlement and their rights under the law. We endeavor to provide clients with quality representation at a reasonable cost.
The firm has extensive litigation and mediation experience in a variety of practice areas of Virginia law.
Our focus is on the following areas:
- Construction Law, including initial contract review, litigation, mechanic’s liens and mediation & arbitration for both home owners and contractors.
- Family Law & Domestic Relations, including Divorce, Settlement Agreements, and Custody Disputes.
- Community Association, Home Owners’ Association, and Condominium Association Law, including assessment enforcement and general association representation.
- Estate Planning, including Wills, Trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directives (“Living Wills”).
- Personal Injury & Torts, including legal & medical malpractice and products liability.
- Landlord & Tenant Law, with a primary emphasis on landlord-side enforcement and lease review
- Collections & Creditors’ Rights Law.
Additionally, Hartsoe & Morgan provides corporate clients with general business law services such as:
- Guidance as outside general counsel on all legal matters for small and mid-sized companies.
- Representation as outside counsel in collaboration with in-house legal counsel for litigation matters.
- Representation in matters regarding government contracts from interpretation of the initial request for proposal or statement of qualifications and drafting of teaming agreements, to negotiation of contract terms, and sub-consultant agreements.
- Uniform Commercial Code representation, including banking law, mishandled goods, promissory notes, checks & other commercial paper.
- Business Agent (Registered Agent) for service of process in Virginia.
- Establishment of Corporate or other Business Entities.
Areas of Practice
Request a Consultation
Use may also use the form below to contact us regarding your legal matter.